The business of CBIP is to ensure persons holding a CBIP certificate are competent at the time of examination in the inspection discipline in which certification is obtained and to re-certify them at appropriate intervals. This will support the Regulatory Authority demands, the needs of industry and the inspection organisations and importantly the individual inspectors.
The products and services of CBIP are the examination and certification of inspection personnel. Certified personnel will service the home and export markets with safety having an extremely high priority.
The leading organisations that derive direct value and benefit from CBIP activities are listed below:
- The Department of Labour
- The owners of plant within the scope of the PECPR Regulations
- The operators of plant within the scope of the PECPR Regulations
- The insurance industry
- The public
- The Accident Compensation Commission
- The manufacturing industry involved in producing plant covered by the PECPR Regulations and local authority legislation.
- Exporters and importers of plant covered by the PECPR Regulations
- The industrial unions concerned with safety of personnel
- Those persons seeking to hold a meaningful certificate for Inspection and Certification of Equipment, NDT, Welding, Lifts and Passenger Ropeways.
- Construction industry
- Aircraft maintenance
- MoT activities
- Local authorities
- Department of Building and Housing